ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Vladimir St." <vlads...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: Distributed query is too slow.
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 16:44:28 GMT
dkarachentsev wrote
> I've just ran your tests, the project attached.
> Could you please, in turn, send your? This will help understand what goes
> wrong.

My test project is a jumble of many experiments and researches. And it needs
serious cleaning before publishing. I used yours. It works just like mine.
In the zip I attached you can find few shlight modifications but nothing

The nodes I need are server node. You should run the test on each next node
once the previous one is done without termitating finished nodes.

So, the timings I got by your code are:
   - searching local 1-4 nodes: 184ms, 548ms, 635ms, 722ms
   - searching remote 1-4 nodes: 146ms, 4484ms, 6080ms, 5442ms

It's interesting the the 4th remote node has a bit accelerated the search.

I case of local search we're charged with nearly x3 price to search over 2
nodes insted of 1. In case of remote search this extra cost grows up to x30.

If we launch from a client node, we might not see so huge difference between
the cluster of single node and of two nodes. But my overal goal is to get a
fast search platform against the DB. In my case, Ignite performs searches
over 2-4 remote nodes approximately two times faster than searching remote
Oracle with similar indexed table for the records. Although, it's a bit
frustrating because any kind of local searches shows 10-15 times higher
performance compared to the DB. But the result-gathering procedures break
all my anticipations. They make cache searching not so perfect as desired. I
still hope some setting are not applied somewhere.