ignite-user mailing list archives

From Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vai...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Real-time computing
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 00:23:52 GMT

I have a use case where I need to perform computation on records in files (specifically files
containing telecom CDRs).

To this, I have a few questions :

1) Should I have just one client node which reads these records and creates Callable compute
jobs for each record ? With just 1 client node, I suppose this will be a single-point of failure.
I could use Zookeeper to manage a cluster of such nodes, thus possibly mitigating an SPOF.

2) Or should I stream/load these records using a client, into a cache and then have other
cluster nodes read this cache for new entries and then let them perform the computation ?
In this case, is there a way by which I can have only one node get hold of computing every
record ?

View raw message