ignite-user mailing list archives

From <Assaf_Waiz...@amat.com>
Subject C++ Native Client
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:39:11 GMT
Hi,

I want to use ignite from C++ & Java and have the following questions:

1.      I want to use my own cross platform serialization (i.e. protobuf), that means that
I'll put/get into ignite only byte arrays which are the product of protobuf serialization.

What is the simplest way of having this? Do I still need to write BinaryType which wraps the
byte array? Or can I just use Cache<String, byte[]> in java and Cache<std::string,
?> in C++?

In addition, if I use java String as key will it be std::string key in c++ = (or is it stored
as Unicode string)?

2.      As I understood, the C++ client is actually a JNI wrapper over java client so a JVM
is running in the native process. Is there a pure native client (without JVM)? If not, where
can I find the protocol in case I would = like to implement a pure native client?

Thanks,

Assaf Waizman
SW Architect | Product Development Division | Process Diagnostics and Control | Applied Materials
9 Oppenheimer Street, Rehovot, 76705.  Israel.
Office +972.8.948.8661 | Mobile +972.54.80.10.799

The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this message in error, any use or distribution is prohibited.
Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.
Thank you.
unless needed