ignite-user mailing list archives

From Igor Sapego <isap...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: C++ Native Client
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:06:27 GMT
Hi Assaf,

1. Yes, you can use Cache<String, byte[]> approach, though you are going to
miss some
features, provided by Ignite such as SQL queries over object fields.
Answering your next
question - if you use Java String as key it is going to map to std::string
in C++. And yes,
it will be a Unicode string, though this is going ti be UTF-8, not UTF-16.

2. No, there are no currently pure native client without JVM. I doubt there
is documentation
that covers all the node communication details, but you can take a look at
wiki [1].

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+Home

Best Regards,
Igor