ignite-user mailing list archives

From <Manikandan.Lakshminaraya...@cognizant.com>
Subject Questions on Client Reconnect and Client Cache
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 03:23:57 GMT

Appreciate if anyone can answers below questions

1.       In case if Ignite server is restarted, I need to restart the client (web applications).
Is there any way client can reconnect to server on server restart. I know when server restarts
it allocates a different ID and because of this the current existing connection becomes stale.
Is there way to overcome this problem and if so, which version of Ignite supports this feature.
Currently I utilize version 1.7

2.       Can I have client cache like how Ehcache provides. I don't want client cache as a
front-end to a distributed cache. When I looked at the Near Cache API, it doesn't have cache
name properties like cache configuration and it acts only as a front-end to a distributed
cache. Is it possible to create client only cache in Ignite

3.       If I have a large object to cache, I find Serialization and Deserialization takes
a longer time in Ignite and retrieving from distributed cache is slow. Is there any way we
can speed up large objects retrieval from Ignite DataGrid.

and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications
sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

View raw message