ignite-user mailing list archives

From Tab Spangler <spangler...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on Ignite Clients
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:31:54 GMT
Hi Val,

Thanks for your response, I've subscribed to the group as you suggested.

Just to confirm then, a client is not taking part in any kind of cluster
heart beats or checks?

I'd prefer it if there could be a 100% native .NET client as we've had
trouble in the past where other vendors supplied .NET wrappers around other
languages.  Is there anything on the horizon in terms of providing a full
.NET client?  I think the other caches I mentioned offer native clients,
although I've not confirmed that with them.

One other question we had was to do with the client connections into the
cluster.  Does the client maintain a socket to every cluster member, or does
it connect to one cluster member and then fans out operations?