ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGFS Questions
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 00:11:53 GMT
pragmaticbigdata wrote
> I will spend sometime in understanding what this means but by "Hadoop
> compliant implementation" are you hinting that HDFS needs to be running
> even if I have S3 as the secondary file system?

It's any FS that has a connector that implements
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem. HDFS client is just one of many such file
systems.

pragmaticbigdata wrote
> I think my question got misunderstood. I wanted to know if IGFS can
> overflow to local disk whenever data does not fit in-memory?

If you enable swap space, evicted entries will be saved there. This provides
the overflow you're looking for.

pragmaticbigdata wrote
> Ok. I have misunderstood the local disk capability that was added as part
> of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1926. I understood that
> IGFS could be backed up by local disk stores where each IFGS node would
> save the data loaded in-memory on that node to the disk the server has.
> Could you please elaborate on the shared disk implementation?

I think Vladimir meant a regular shared FS here. Secondary file system can't
be split across nodes.

-Val