ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGFS Questions
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:58:54 GMT
Thanks for the replies. I have a few follow up questions.

> Yes, as long as you have Hadoop-compliant implementation of S3 file system
> (e.g. org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3FileSystem).

I will spend sometime in understanding what this means but by "Hadoop
compliant implementation" are you hinting that HDFS needs to be running even
if I have S3 as the secondary file system?

> You can configure evictions from data cache. Please refer to
> org.apache.ignite.cache.eviction.igfs.IgfsPerBlockLruEvictionPolicy class.

I think my question got misunderstood. I wanted to know if IGFS can overflow
to local disk whenever data does not fit in-memory?

> Underlying file system must be shared between all nodes in cluster. If it
> is true, then you can use
> org.apache.ignite.igfs.secondary.local.LocalIgfsSecondaryFileSystem

Ok. I have misunderstood the local disk capability that was added as part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1926. I understood that IGFS
could be backed up by local disk stores where each IFGS node would save the
data loaded in-memory on that node to the disk the server has. Could you
please elaborate on the shared disk implementation?

Thanks.