ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail <wmas...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: Faceted search
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:12:55 GMT
Hi,

             I need to implement something like this [1]. I think, I can't implement
it using just one SQL query (count the facets manually on every query is not an option). Faceted
search is brilliant feature of Lucene and its family (ElasticSearch, Solr, etc). So, in order
to implement it there are two options:

1.) Use ElasticSearch (or other full text engine) as a Persistent Store.
2.) Use existing Ignite Lucene index for faceted search.

I don't like the first option, because I persist my entities in database. Also I don't want
to make ElasticSearch query for entities and then second Ignite query to get entities from
caches. Therefore, it would be perfect if there were some mechanism in Ignite to override
the "GridLuceneIndex" class and implement necessary changes. Is there some way to do it?

[1] http://proiot.ru/blog/posts/2016/05/15/lucene-fasetnyi-poisk/

--
Best Regards,
Mikhail

Wednesday, 12 January 2017, 12:19 +03:00 от vkulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>:

>Mikhail,
>
>From what I here, you can simply use SQL for this task. Is there something in particular
that doesn't work for you?

>-Val

Hi,

              For my big data project I need to implement a catalog facet search (like
in modern online shops). I need to filter by criteria (boolean, enum, range) and:
              1.) Show count of suitable items.
              2.) Hide filters that can't be applied mutually with the specified filters.
              3.) Show (maybe approximate) count of items for each filter, that can
be specified.

              All this I need to implement without retriving the whole list of items
(opposite - it would be trivial).
              Could you imagine how to implement it using Ignite?
              I can create Persistent Store which will write to Solr or ElasticSearch,
but I have already persist entities in database and use Ignite for SQL and Fulltext queries.
So I would prefer not to have 2 different platforms for indexing content.

--
Best Regards,
Mikhail Fokanov