ignite-user mailing list archives

From jimfcarroll <jimfcarr...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite in Docker
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:06:47 GMT
I know this question has been asked before but none of the solutions work for
us.

1) Running docker with --net=host seems to only work the clients are also
run this way. This isn't acceptable for our system given it's DC/OS (Mesos)
managed and elastic.
2) Running docker with an overlay network doesn't work in our distributed
DC/OS system since we rely on DC/OS for service discovery, etc.

3) I tried to use the AddressResolver Spi and I plugged it in in multiple
places but it seems to only 1/2 work. When I hit the rest service and get
the topology I only see the internal addresses. Multiple servers seem to
constantly cycle in and out of the cluster from the perspective on the
master (I'm assuming the first one started is the master) and "Topology
snapshot" messages are continuously pumped out showing servers=1, then
servers=2, then back to 1 over and over.

Clients behave the same way.

This seems to make the AddressResolver completely superfluous but I'm
assuming I'm doing something wrong.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim