ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Merging with RDBMS transaction
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:50:30 GMT
I would like to confirm my understanding of CacheStoreSession.

1. Assuming my persistence store is Oracle, using CacheStoreSession & the
out of the box  CacheJdbcStoreSessionListener

, Ignite is basically committing the data grid cache transaction after the
Oracle database transaction succeeds. If the sessionEnd() method throws
CacheWriterException the data grid transaction will be rolled back. To merge
the data grid transaction with any RDBMS transaction I do not need any
external JTA transaction manager. Is my understanding right?

2. As the java docs for CacheJdbcStoreSessionListener state that the
listener uses a new connection for every session. Here session is basically
any operation that leads to calling the CacheStore include cache.put(),
cache.putAll(), delete, bulk load etc. Is that right?