ignite-user mailing list archives

From ghughal <bakul.ghug...@gmail.com>
Subject Amazon AWS EC2 settings
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:44:09 GMT
We are running ignite on AWS EC2 instance. We are not using S3 based
discovery but using zookeeper based discovery and it seems to work fine.

While reading some of ignite documentation I came across this that suggests
using "significantly greater than the default" value for socket timeout for
EC2 instances.

As per same documentation, if I set socket timeout then
failureDetectionTimeout is ignored and I need to set ackTimeout,
maxAckTimeout, heartbeatFrequency, reconnectCount etc. explicitly.

Do you have any recommendation on what values we should be using for these
settings in AWS? Or do you have any recommendation value for
failureDetectionTimeout for EC2 instances?

With default settings, once in a while under heavy load, we get network
split with errors similar to this: