ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-partitioning when partition key changes
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:40:47 GMT
We have a dynamic model hence we plan to use the BinaryObject API. Our cache
looks like IgniteCache<BinaryObject, BinaryObject>. Out of the number of
attributes that could be part of the cache key, we plan to define the
partition key through the AffinityKeyMapper interface implementation. In the
affinityKey(key) method we would define the attributes whose values should
be used by Ignite to partition the cache across server nodes.
These attributes could change at runtime based on user input. How can we let
Ignite know that the key partition has changed and it should recall the
AffinityKeyMapper? What would be the locking behavior?
If re-partitioning cannot be done, what are the recommended workarounds?