ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Hostettler, Steve" <Steve.Hostett...@wolterskluwer.com>
Subject Re: Affinity not based on the fields in the key
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:32:45 GMT
Hi,

Again, I understand why it is as it is. My concern was that from a design perspective it adds
a dimension to the key for "technical" reasons. I wanted to make sure that it is the way to
go. Thanks for thr clarification

Best Regards

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Affinity not based on the fields in the key
From: vkulichenko
To: user@ignite.apache.org
CC:

Hi Steve,

Affinity key field must be a part of key, simply because affinity does not
depend on value at all. It's not even required to have a value to calculate
affinity.

However, you can simply move the corresponding field from value object to
key object. You can still use it in queries and it will be a part of the
same table, so this doesn't actually break normal form (as a matter of fact,
this doesn't change your SQL schema at all).

-Val