ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BinaryObjectException after Ignite restarts
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 20:27:47 GMT
Dmitry,

Basically this exception means that you tried to deserialize a binary object
that was never serialized on this cluster. When a type is serialized for the
first time, Ignite saves the meta data for this type in a system cache, so
once you deserialize this object (potentially on a different node), Ignite
can lookup this meta in this cache.

This exception usually happens when a serialized binary object is saved
somewhere externally (e.g., as a blob in database), then cluster is
restarted (all metadata in system cache is lost), object is loaded back and
deserialized. Since we loaded it in binary form, it was never serialized on
this brand new cluster and we don't have metadata, thus the error. If this
is your case, then this is expected behavior and switching off compact
footer is the correct way to fix it.

-val