ignite-user mailing list archives

From juanavelez <jsjunkemai...@gmail.com>
Subject Server/Client Nodes and classes
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 21:32:36 GMT
I am having the following situation: I have a 4-node cluster with
write-through enabled using an in-house developed MongoDB Cache Store. The
spring configuration xml file for the servers include beans for the mongo
client, mongo codecs, ignite caches stores, etc. I can successfully start
the 4-node cluster and I have run tests within the 4-node cluster themselves
for the write-through.

I also want to connect to this 4-node cluster as a client
(IgniteConfiguration.setClientMode(true)) from several applications. However
in order to do so, I either use the same spring configuration xml file as
for the server or I enable peer-class-loading.

*/org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to find class with given
class loader for unmarshalling (make sure same versions of all classes are
available on all nodes or enable peer-class-loading):
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@18b4aac2/*

Why can't client nodes be unaware of the classes used by the server? Why is
there a need for the ignite clients to know those classes if the actual
processing happens on the server nodes? Am I missing something here?

Thanks - J