ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alisher Alimov <alimovalis...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance question
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 13:27:54 GMT

I have write and run a simple performance test to check IgniteCache#localEntries and found
that current method is not enough fast.

Ignite ignite = Ignition.start();

CacheConfiguration<UUID, UUID> cacheConfiguration = new CacheConfiguration<>();

IgniteCache<UUID, UUID> cache = ignite.getOrCreateCache("test.cache");

for (int i = 0; i < 1_000_000; i++) {
    cache.put(UUID.randomUUID(), UUID.randomUUID());

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();

cache.localEntries(CachePeekMode.PRIMARY).forEach(entry -> {

System.out.println(String.format("Complete in: %dms", System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime));

Reading local entries take about 1s (1000 rows per ms) that’s is low.
Test was run on server with provided configuration with default Ignite configs, load average
was about 0 and CPU was not busy more than 10%
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz

May be I do  or configure something wrong or current speed is normal?

With best regards
Alisher Alimov

View raw message