ignite-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Iacomini <riccardo.iacom...@rdslab.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra basic setup
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 11:00:29 GMT
Hi Igor,
I would like to highlight to you another discrepancy I noticed while trying
to build the cassandra/ignite/ganglia cluster test in AWS using the
provided framework. I've build Ignite 1.7 from source, but the version
hard-coded for the modules in the *cassandra-bootstrap.sh *and*
ignite-bootstrap.sh* script is the *1.6.*

Best Regards

Riccardo Iacomini

*RDSLab*

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Igor Rudyak <irudyak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the info.
>
> Igor
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Igor,
>>
>> The documentation has been moved to the new integrations related site
>> https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/ignite-with-apache-cassandra
>>
>> You’re free to update it there.
>>
>> —
>> Denis
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2016, at 11:49 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Igor,
>>
>> Please hold on for a while. I’ve just started moving all the integrations
>> related documentation to a new domain. I’ll let you know when it’s safe to
>> update the doc.
>>
>> —
>> Denis
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Igor Rudyak <irudyak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Riccardo,
>>
>> Thanks for noticing this. There were number of refactorings done and it
>> looks like we need to update the documentation.
>>
>> I'll update the documentation for the module.
>>
>> Igor
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Igor,
>>>
>>> Would you mind looking through the documentation and updating it
>>> whenever is needed?
>>>
>>> —
>>> Denis
>>>
>>> On Nov 29, 2016, at 1:58 AM, Riccardo Iacomini <
>>> riccardo.iacomini@rdslab.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Igor,
>>> I finally discovered what was causing the issue. The example provided
>>> <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/examples> in the Ignite
>>> documentation page has a subtle difference in the package structure of
>>> several classes, for example:
>>>
>>> org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.datasource.DataSource (the
>>> class in the ignite-cassandra.jar) vs org.apache.ignite.cache.sto
>>> re.cassandra.*utils*.datasource.DataSource (in the example). The same
>>> applies also for other classes in the example. I do not know if this is due
>>> to a refactoring performed on the code which did not propagates through the
>>> examples, or simply I used a different version of the documentation in
>>> contrast with the one I was running.
>>>
>>> Anyway, thank you for your time.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Riccardo Iacomini