ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order of transaction commit, cache update and event listener notification
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:57:04 GMT
Hi,

Currently SQL queries do not participate in transactions in any way, so you
can see partially committed data from other transactions.

In other words, if a thread 1 updates keys 1, 2, 3, 4 and started
transaction commit, and thread 2 issues an SQL query, this query may see
keys 1, 2 updated and keys 3, 4 - not.

As Vlad mentioned, there is a ticket for supporting transactional SQL [1]
which you can track (and join discussion regarding the design, btw).

Hope this helps,
AG