ignite-user mailing list archives

From Kaiming Wan <344277...@qq.com>
Subject Apache Ignite vs alluxio
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 07:06:37 GMT
Hi,

    Recently, I have used alluxio for about two month. However, it does't
satisfy our requirement. We want to use alluxio as a memory cache layer
which can easily interagte with Hadoop or Spark to accelerate our spark or
map-reduce job. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have done many tests on
alluxio and find it is hard to use alluxio to accelerate our spark job or
map-reduce job. The tested job is only a line count job on a single node.

    I think the main cause is that alluxio is not fully integrated with
Hadoop or Spark. I have talked many times with alluxio developer, but they
still can't give a solution to solve my problem. I think alluxio is not
satisfy our scenario.

    Can ignite to be used as a memory cache layer which can easily interagte
with Hadoop or Spark to accelerate a single local spark or map-reduce job?

    I will try some tests with ignite. I installed hadoop and spark on a
single node. And I will run a line count job. One use ignite and the other
not to check whether the performance is much better when using ignite. Hope
to know more about the difference between ignite and alluxio. Thanks you~