ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cluster hung after a node killed
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:28:20 GMT
Issue resolved for me. There was a typo which caused one of the lock to stay.
Corrected typo which allows unlocking.

However in real production node can crash before releasing lock, hence there
must be something for locks to timeout or locks need to auto unlock when
responsible node fails.

I have reproduced this with simple program -
1. Node 1 - run example ExampleNodeStartup
2. Node 2 - Run a program which create a transaction cache and add 100K
entries.
        cfg.setCacheMode(CacheMode.PARTITIONED);
        cfg.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL);
        cfg.setMemoryMode(CacheMemoryMode.OFFHEAP_TIERED);
        cfg.setSwapEnabled(false);
        cfg.setBackups(0);
3. Node 3 - Run a program which takes a lock (cache.lock(key))
4. Kill Node 3
5. Node 4 - Run a program which tries to get cached data.

Node4 hung. In-fact complete cluster is hung, only solution I could able to
make work is to restart whole cluster.

-Sam