ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Spark & Ignite Integration
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 20:39:26 GMT
IgniteRDD can be used with any dataset as long as it fits in memory. If you
didn't get performance from pure Ignite, I doubt that Spark will help. It's
Ignite who speeds up Spark, not other way around :) I believe there are
other reasons for not having acceptable performance.

As for the APIs, you can always combine - use Ignite to update the data in
transactional manner and Spark for analytics.

-Val