ignite-user mailing list archives

From newbie <lists...@gmail.com>
Subject Order of transaction commit, cache update and event listener notification
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 13:58:44 GMT
Hi,

We have a replicated, transactional cache with writeThrough and readThrough.

Some of our transactions are readonly and require snapshot isolation i.e.,
any updates to any of the keys by other concurrent transaction commits are
not visible until the end of the read transaction.

I understand REPEATABLE_READ supports the same value for an already 'read'
key but we cannot know all keys that will be read in the readonly
transaction. Is there anything else we can explore?

We are currently trying to build something for snapshot isolation using
CacheEvents and I want to understand what is the order of

1. cache updates due to a commit
2. notification of event listeners
3. propagation of cache values on other nodes

Thanks!