ignite-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof <yaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Partitioning on a non-uniform cluster
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:09:48 GMT
Hello,

Judging by the documentation and some discussions on this list, can you
confirm that Ignite cache does not take into account different memory
settings, i.e. if we have various nodes with 16GB and 32GB allocated for
cache, there would be no two times more partitions assigned to larger nodes?

In order to not to underutilize larger nodes or overfill smaller nodes we
would have to develop our own affinity strategy via AffinityFunction in
order to make it cache-size aware?

RendezvousAffinityFunction seems to be completely resource-blind?

Could you please clarify what would be the best way to achieve balanced
distribution cluster memory-wise?

Thanks
Krzysztof