ignite-user mailing list archives

From Isaeed Mohanna <isae...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache Memory Behavior \ GridDhtLocalPartition
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 14:37:24 GMT
i have an ignite 1.7.0 cluster with 3 nodes running , i have 3 PARTITIONED
ATOMIC CACHES and 2 REPLICATED ATOMIC CACHES, Most of these caches are
populated with events data, so each cache entry is short lived its inserted,
processed later by some task and removed. so the caches are pretty much very
Recently the load in our system has increased (more events were received and
generated) and we started experiencing out of memory fails once in while
(several days depending on machine size).
I have created several heap dumps and noticed the largest retained objects
in memory is by the following classes: GridDhtLocalPartition,
I can see the GridDhtLocalPartition has a ConccurentHashMap8 so most likely
all three reference the same thing.
My question what is this class and why does it retain memory, entities in my
caches are usually short lived (several minutes in most caches) so i would
expect the memory to be released? any hints on how to continue my
investigation would be great.