ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming receiver collocated with distributed cache
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 01:43:26 GMT
Hi Kanwal,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

kanwal wrote
> We have a scenario where we would like to use Streaming to process
> incoming stream of metric data such that there is affinity to the nodes
> that have cache data for the partition key. Based on the documentation it
> is not very clear if we can achieve this since it mentions "The stream
> gets partitioned to multiple cluster nodes in such a way that same numbers
> will always be processed on the same node."
>
> The main reason we want affinity with nodes is we have additional state
> information for incoming metric data in the distributed cache as well as
> on the disk of the local node. The data on the local node is retrieved
> from persisted remote store if not available locally. So we do need to
> have affinity to minimize the state data being downloaded from remote
> store which is slow and much bigger as well.

Affinity for streamer works in the same way as for regular cache operations.
I.e. all keys that are mapped to the same affinity key will be stored on the
same node. For details refer to this page:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation

-Val