ignite-user mailing list archives

From edwardk <ekipli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which ports does ignite cluster need to run normally?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 08:59:12 GMT
Hi,

Does Apache Ignite need the entire range of ports to be opened.

I mean,
TcpDiscoverySpi´╝Ü47500~47600
TcpCommunicationSpi´╝Ü47100~47200

Is it mandatory to open the entire range of discovery ports in the range
47500~47600 and entire range of communication ports (47100~47200) in every
member of ignite cluster.

Can't we just open one or two ports (for both discovery and communication )
in every cluster member
node.

I am afraid opening too many ports might be risk issue and I am not sure the
security/infrastructure team in my organization would accept to open a huge
number of ports.

Thanks,
edwardk