ignite-user mailing list archives

From Anil <anilk...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Streamer
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 06:44:53 GMT
Hi,

I am playing with kafka streamer for my use case and noticed that message
has to value of the ignite cache.

getStreamer().addData(msg.key(), msg.message());

(
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/kafka/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/stream/kafka/KafkaStreamer.java
)

i tried with stream receiver to covert incoming kafka message to number of
cache entries and did not help. Seems like stream receiver is not
pre-process of cache entry. Correct ?

To allow client to add its own way of processing, Kafka streamer must
provide a way to transform kafka message into cache entries. what do you
say ?

code would be like below (just giving a try with sudo code)

kafkaStreamer.registerTransformer(<some transformer>)

if (null !=transformer){
    getStreamer().addData(transformer.transform(msg.message()));
}else {
getStreamer().addData(msg.key(), msg.message());
}

Thanks for your help.