ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to enable both REPLICATED and PARTITIONED?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:32:22 GMT
Tracy,

First of all, cache mode and number of backups could be set only once - on
cache start.
So, if you know the size of your cluster you could set number of backups
before cache start.
But, I think it is not reasonable to set number of backups equals to number
of nodes.
If you need 100% high availability, just use replicated cache. But I would
recommend to think about how many nodes at once can be lost?
May be it is reasonable to set backups = 2? The more backups you choose -
the more memory will be consumed by backup partitions and also
grid will spend time in rebalancing data.
What is your use case?