ignite-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Apache Ignite is suitable for real time notifications in a distributed project?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 06:49:44 GMT
Hi,

For me that looks more like something suitable for stomp.js+messaging bus (eg rabbitmq).

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 07:08, Alexandr Porunov <alexandr.porunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a messaging system with notifications via WebSockets (When the user 'A'
sends a message to the user 'B' I need to show a notification for the user 'B' about a new
message). Different users are connected to different servers. I wonder to know if Apache Ignite
is suitable for this kind of situation.
> I am on the design stage right now. I think that it have to be like this:
> 1. User 'A' sends a message to the user 'B'
> 2. Server which is connected with the user 'A' receives the message.
> 3. Server which is connected with the user 'A' sends the message to the Apache Ignite.
> 4. Apache Ignite somehow understands to which server it has to deliver the message.
> 5. Apache Ignite sends the message to the server which is connected with the user 'B'.
> 6. Server which is connected with the user 'B' sends a notification to the user 'B' through
the WebSocket.

> Maybe I am wrong about the design for real time notifications. Maybe it has to be done
in totally different way. I haven't found the information about building notifications in
the distributed project.