ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Tracy Liang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <tlian...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: Is it possible to enable both REPLICATED and PARTITIONED?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:39:36 GMT
Thanks Val, this is really really helpful for us.

This is what you are talking about: https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheEntryProcessorExample.java,
right? So in my case, I could set KEYS_SET to be whatever I want, then call getValue() for
each entry in a particular KEYS_SET to get row object. Then as long as the schema of row is
preserved, I could only return part of it right?

From: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to enable both REPLICATED and PARTITIONED?

Tracy,

You can use entry processor [1] for this. It sends a closure to the node
where entry is stored and atomically executes it there. The example in the
documentation does the update within the processor and returns null, but you
can do other way around - call getValue(), extract necessary field(s) and
return them. The object you return from the processor will be returned from
the invoke() method on the client.

-Val