ignite-user mailing list archives

From styriver <Scott_Tyri...@mgic.com>
Subject Re: Using OFF_HEAP_TIERED and Replicated Heap continously grows eventually heap crash
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2016 19:51:05 GMT
Hi Thanks for getting back so quick we are trying to get this into production
and it is holding us up. I should have clarified our environment setup. We
will have two tomcat applications configured as server  nodes. We will have
5 client nodes. The client nodes are the ones doing the work and the server
nodes are holding the data. So the client nodes will be responsible for
putting data to the caches. When we were watching the heap grow we were
using jconsole connected to one of the server nodes. So this code snippet I
included in my original post was our server node configuration with the
exception of the client node set to true which was from my junit test. The
server nodes are started up with client mode set to false.

I did run across this bug fix in the forum however I was not sure it applied
100% to our situation because we are not explicitly setting an eviction
policy. Although it looks like from other posts that LRU is used for
OFFHEAP_TIERED by default. It looks like it was fixed for 1.8