ignite-user mailing list archives

From Himetic <cameron.wisem...@theplatform.com>
Subject Cache hit rate for Ignite not adding up
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 00:55:41 GMT
I've got a process running ignite with 5 nodes, and a partitioned cache.

Checking jconsole for the hit rates and stuff, I see the following:

CacheGets: 912287
CacheHits: 142473
CacheMisses: 769814
Size: 27539
CacheRemovals: 0
CacheEvictions: 0

The other hosts have very similar stats.  The largest is 30K, and there's 5,
so we're looking at under 150K elements in the cache.  If there's been 770K
cache misses, and no evictions, how is that possible?  Shouldn't we either
have 770K elements in the cache, or cache removals/evictions from the cache
filling up?  Are the stats inaccurate?  Is there a more reliable way to get
stats?

I could be wrong, but it seems like something is off about the misses
number.  Checking the logs I don't think we're making that many requests to
any single node, but the rest of the stats (size, for example) seem to be
specific to the node I'm looking at.  Is it possible it's comparing the hits
on only itself to misses for all requests or something?