ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: re: org.apache.spark.Logging not found because of dependencies mismatches
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:38:14 GMT
Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

Sai wrote
> i'm trying to architect a solution leveraging in-memory fabric provided by
> Apache Ignite.  We use 1.7.0 version and our Spark application has a
> dependency on spark 2.0 and ignite-spark.  This Ignite-spark has a
> dependency on Spark 1.5.2 and while compiling and i get the
> org.apache.spark.Logging not found error.
>
> 1. in the same JVM, spark worker has 2 dependencies on the same library
> (artifact) and it's my understanding that first one gets loaded and used
> by class loader.  Is this correct?  If so, does it create a conflict as
> anything deprecated won't work assuming 2.0 is the one that's loaded
> 2. how do we resolve this one?
> 3. when does Ignite plan to update it to Spark 2.0 for ignite-spark?
>
> thanks

Spark 2.0 is not supported right now, here is the ticket for upgrade:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3710. Feel free to pick it up
;)

-Val