ignite-user mailing list archives

From "voli.sri" <volivattam....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which ports does ignite cluster need to run normally?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:33:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of questions on the ports and ip address configuration.

Does the default ports to open apply even to Ignite client nodes too.

I mean do we need to have  the default ports opened even for service nodes
which use Ignite node in Client mode.

TcpDiscoverySpi´╝Ü47500~47600
TcpCommunicationSpi´╝Ü47100~47200

We want to setup a cluster with 3 ignite nodes in server mode. The client
would be services which have embedded ignite node running in client mode.

My another query is on the ipaddresses config ,  In addition to the default
ports do we also need to ensure that every service node has information on
ip address of every other service node.

Do we need to have a ignite-config.xml containing the ip addresses of all
the 3 hosts replicated in all the
3 service nodes, so that they can discover each other.

My concern here  is when we decide to add a new service node for scalability
, do we also need to have to update the ignite-configuration.xml in all the
service(client nodes) and all server nodes too.

Thanks,
voli.sri