ignite-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write Behind data safety guarantees II
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:24:33 GMT
You can have also the case both nodes crash ... The bottom line is that a write loss can occur
in any system. I am always surprised to hear even senior consultants saying that in a high
reliability database no write loss can occur or the risk is low (think about the human factor!
Eg an admin accidentally shuts down both or some automated maintenance procedure of the underlying
operating system).

> On 13 Sep 2016, at 09:59, Christian Reiniger <Christian.Reiniger@iisy.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I’ve been trying to find information on cache persistence write behind behavior that
might lead to entries not being written to the persistent store.  Most notably: what happens
in the following scenario:
> ·         Cache ‘cache’ has two backup copies on nodes A and B respectively and
is configured with persistence to a RDBMS, with write behind activated.
> ·         Node A collects some write operations, but crashes before the entries can
actually be written.
> Will the loss of node A cause node B jump in and write these entries or can ignite “forget”
to write them?
> Thank you
> --
> Christian Reiniger