ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Result set processing in off heap mode
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:54:46 GMT
Hi,

Right now result set processing can be done in Java heap only. There is a ticket to improve
a situation around this by moving result set processing to off-heap
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3870 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3870>

Until this functionality is not available I can suggest you the following options:
- tune Java garbage collector [1], queries rate and result set size.
- use a commercial JVM like Azul Zing that doesn’t have stop-the-world pauses at all.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning

—
Denis