ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sri Ganesh V <vsrigan...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Result set processing in off heap mode
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:01:50 GMT
Hi,

We use cache in *off-heap *mode.

Recently we faced GC issue when there were multiple client connections
executing SQL queries

[via JDBC connection - DriverManager

.getConnection("jdbc:ignite:cfg://cache=TEST_CACHE:distributedJoins=true@file:///C:\\ignite-client-config.xml")
]

The returned query result set is often huge and GC kicks in very often and
there is a huge impact on the query response time.

Also we see "Query execution is too long" warning messages when GC kicks in.
There were scenarios when ignite server node went into non-responsive state
and never recovered back.

We would like to know if "Result Set" processing can happen out of GC
collectable heap like the way we can use cache in off-heap mode ??

Thanks.