ignite-user mailing list archives

From zhaogxd <zhao...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot query on a cache using Cassandra as a persistent store
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2016 05:15:08 GMT
Hi Igor,

The Cassandra Parallel Data Loader is really a great feature, I will
definitely give it a try when it is released.

Thinking about making schema changes in production environment, if the
underline Cassandra table structure is changed, such as adding or dropping a
column, do I have to destroy and re-create the cache associated with the
table?

If a new table is added to Cassandra, can I create a cache dynamically
through the codes that run as a ignite client rather than shutdown the
cluster and update the configuration files?

What strategy should I use to ensure my application gets upgraded without
taking the whole cluster down or re-loading a big data set into memory?

Thanks so much!

Guang