ignite-user mailing list archives

From edwardkblk <edward.kaganov...@blackrock.com>
Subject Affinity and Topology versions
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:39:34 GMT
Affinity in the cluster is coupled to the topology.  Any affinity based
processing requires a stable topology.  Does Ignite guarantee that all nodes
are executing a transaction on the same affinity version?  Please correct me
if I'm wrong but based on my observation in  Race condition with partition
affinity mapping
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Race-condition-with-partition-affinity-mapping-tp7848.html>

there seems to be a gap here.

Also, we would certainly benefit from
1. exposing access to affintyTopologyVersion from Affinity interface for
tracking purposes and
2. having functionality to await for specific affinity version before
proceeding with execution

Appreciate your thoughts