ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: understanding Locks usage
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:33:13 GMT
Thanks. Let me put it other way,

Is there any other way to take a distributed lock which can be unlocked by
owner thread, but does not need same LOCK instance? I mean unlock api finds
and gets the lock instance automatically to unlock. I am not sure if
IgniteLock can do that, not yet tried.

Couple of more questions on feature set with Lock -
1. Is there any atomic api which can be used as fetchAndLock and
putAndUnlock?
2. Is there concept of locking Key and locking cached entry? here is my
understanding on difference between them -
- Locking key - Distributed lock. Does not need existence of cache entry
with that key.
- Locking Entry - Distributed lock. To lock entry, it need to exists in
cache. Once locked all other thread access are read only.

Thanks,
--Sam