ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is SqlQuery efficient than SqlFieldsQuery?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 02:18:22 GMT
Hi Patrick,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

wbyeh wrote
> I have used a SqlQuery to instead of a SqlFieldsQuery and it has less
> vibration of execution time measuring from the log.  Originally, I was
> using the SqlFieldsQuery to search the Top key values that matched my
> criteria (also using GroupIndex) and I found it was very quirky from many
> over milli-seconds to hundred micro-seconds for dynamic searches. After I
> replaced it in SqlQuery instead, it is running mostly within 2
> milli-seconds to hundred micro-seconds.
>
> Therefore, I want to know "Is SqlQuery efficient than SqlFieldsQuery?"
>
> String sql = "select bid from AskRecord where (amount <=? and (LIMITWIN
> >=? and LIMITPLACE >=?))"
> 		+ " and (LIVE =? and WIN > 0 and PLACE > 0) LIMIT ?";
>

> String oql = "(amount <=? and (LIMITWIN >=? and LIMITPLACE >=?))"
> 		+ " and (LIVE =? and WIN > 0 and PLACE > 0) LIMIT ?";
>

> Thank you!
>
> -Patrick

Generally there should not be much difference in performance. Do you have a
test that you can share with us?

-Val