ignite-user mailing list archives

From Caio Nishibe <caionish...@gmail.com>
Subject JVM tuning
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 14:30:26 GMT
As I've mentioned  here
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Access-cache-entries-in-C-via-JNI-call-td7462.html>

, I'm trying to use Ignite within a biometric identification system to store
fingerprint templates in memory and to use Ignite's compute grid capability
to perform matching operations, given an input fingerprint. My
identification task creates one job per cluster node and each job runs a
scan query through local cache entries performing fingerprint comparisons.
The problem is, even though I've created as many threads as cores, the cpu
only rises up to 20%. The comparison algorithm is very cpu intensive. I'm
using the jvm tunning suggested for OFF_HEAP caches. Any ideas or system
tunning hints to get to 100% cpu utilization?