ignite-user mailing list archives

From Caio Nishibe <caionish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access cache entries in C++ via JNI call
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:04:50 GMT
Hi Igor,

my cluster has 34 server nodes and 1 client node. Biometric data
(fingerprint templates) is spread across a distributed cache (about 50
million fingerprint templates). The client node creates an identification
task, which has to compare an input fingerprint against all stored
templates. This task creates one job per cluster node, so each node performs
comparisons against its local cache entries.

The comparison algorithm is written in C++, so for this reason I need to
call a JNI method for each entry comparison, transfering the templates from
Java Ignite cache to my C++ dll. This is time consuming and not performed

What I'm trying to do is to emulate a C++ Compute Grid capability. I'm
asking if it's possible to create a Java job, which calls my C++ dll
through JNI and the dll access directly the Ignite cache to perform the
comparisons, eliminating the transfer time. I know that the C++ client could
access the cache using a ScanQuery, but I was not able to instantiate a C++
client inside my Java job since, as far as I know, It's not possible to
instantiate a new JVM inside a JNI call.

Best Regards,