ignite-user mailing list archives

From chevy <chetan.v.ya...@target.com>
Subject Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 10:35:56 GMT
Let me add more clarity on current issue -

  1.  I have a question - How does (abstract=true) affect this config?
  2.  I want to connect node running in my local with the one running in my remote machine
but the connection is secure. When I tried to create keystore file (to be used with SslContextFactory)
using .pem file it was failing as there was no certificate available for it. pem file just
contains auth details and no certs. So, can I use just .pem file to get connected to remote
(like I do in terminal using command "ssh -i ~/.ssh/goku.pem ubuntu@ipAddress”) through
my Java code?

--
Regards,
Chetan.

From: "vdpyatkov [via Apache Ignite Users]" <ml-node+s70518n6787h98@n6.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s70518n6787h98@n6.nabble.com>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <Chetan.V.Yadav@target.com<mailto:Chetan.V.Yadav@target.com>>
Subject: Re: Start node in remote server which needs authentication

Are you sure, which start Ignite with the configuration. The configuration contains only abstract
Spring bean (abstract="true").

Please provide full configuration and log file (How are you start node in terminal? What are
you seen in command line?).

About this:
Is this the right way to get nodes attached to cluster? If, yes I am not able to get that
remote machine identified due to firewall issue. I use .pem file to ssh into that remote machine
so it expects to be authenticated. How can I implement this process and get the remote node
attached to the one I am running in my local?

Yea it is correct configuration IpFinder.
How do you relate discoverySPI with .pem file? You can use ssh for start remoute node only
(or you can do it any other way on other machine). After nodes have been started, they will
joining to cluster using discoverySPI[1] (over ports 7500..47509), further they will useing
communicationSPI[2] for data processing.

If you want all data stream between nodes will by secure, you can use SslContextFactory [3]

[1] http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery
[2] http:/apacheignite.readme.io/docs/network-config#tcpcommunicationspi<http://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/network-config#tcpcommunicationspi>
[3] http://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ssltls

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM, chevy <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6787&i=0>>