ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data loss occurred sometimes when configured primary-backups with full_async
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 01:34:47 GMT

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

seyeon.yoon wrote
> i faced a problem newly while i was testing the data-grid on the apache
> ignite v1.7.0.
> i have a test cluster system with 3 nodes with the following
> configurations.
> i tried to put 100K records of Person object from examples in client mode.
> however i got some data losses sometimes. if i configured with
> PRIMARY_SYNC, i found 100,000 records correctly every time.
> is it normal or did i something wrong? could someone help me on this
> problem?

Not sure why this is happening, but what is the reason for using FULL_ASYNC?
Basically, in this mode you don't have any information about how the update
goes and any exception will result in the data loss. If you need
asynchronous execution, I recommend to use withAsync() method [1] and get
the future to check the status of update.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/async-support