ignite-user mailing list archives

From bintisepaha <binti.sep...@tudor.com>
Subject Re: IgniteCompute.broadcast() stuck
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:17:06 GMT
Val, if I selecting only one random node like below

                ClusterGroup serverGroup =
ignite.cluster().forServers().forRandom();
                IgniteCompute serverCompute = ignite.compute(serverGroup);

The broadcast should only send the task to the pre-selected random node from
the cluster group? or am I misunderstanding this behavior?

Looks like in the above code, I can easily switch to using
run(IgniteRunnanle runnable) and that will run the job on one node. Not sure
how broadcast is different here, but i do not have to use broadcast. So if
you confirm run() is a better choice here, I will switch to run and give it
a try.

The volume te threadDumps.zip
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n7278/threadDumps.zip>
sting we are doing is running 20 clients in parallel calling the above code
on a cluster of 16 nodes. not sure if that is causing it and we need to
scale up.

Attached the threadDumps from all 16 server nodes.

Thanks,
Binti