ignite-user mailing list archives

From SaschaC <saschacoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto setup a single-node, standalone Ignite?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:09:45 GMT
oh, one follow-up question:

as I use Ignite inprocess within a another clustered product (Druid), I
would like to disallow the Ignite management console or other Ignite nodes
to shut those ignite nodes down that are working inprocess as plugins within
the outer product as this would also shutdown the Druid node that runs
ignite.

I hoped that the shutdown command could be overwritten or otherwise be
deactivated but I see that the command is implemented by sending a
distributed closure around, so there doesn't seem to be a way to deactivate
this feature. To my understanding, if an Ignite node is in client mode, it
should not be under the control of such management commands just like a
webserver cannot shut-down a browser.