ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Performance indexing performance on-heap vs off-heap
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 23:44:05 GMT
javadevmtl wrote
> Just curious. What's the status of this has it been reproduced?

To my knowledge there were a lot of changes, fixes and improvements since
then, so this ticket doesn't look valid for now. I closed it.

Queries with off-heap can still be 20-30% slower then with on-heap due to
off-heap index lookups, but this is a tradeoff that can't be avoided. As a
workaround you can always start several nodes per box and use on-heap
memory.

-Val