ignite-user mailing list archives

From yucigou <yuci....@gmail.com>
Subject Puzzled about JVM configuration
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:39:48 GMT
I'm a bit puzzled about the basic JVM configuration (which is said has proven
to provide fairly smooth throughput without large spikes) on the Ignite JVM
and System Tuning page

Below is the CPU and memory profile captured:

(By the way, there is no heavy job running for my application, except for
the Ignite REST API enabled with Ignite web console invoking it through it

You can see that the minor GCs are so frequent, and also the full GCs, and
the CPU usage is so high as result. The size of young gen space is very
small. Also live objects are not aged at all, and they are promoted to old
gen immediately.

I just wonder what is the reasoning behind these settings:
(1) Small young gen space size
(2) Tiny survivor space with max tenuring threshold set to zero (which means
no aging)

Thank you,